Thursday, October 25, 2012

What to do when your kid is sick and home from school....

First of all, none of us knew what hit us until it was too late. No fevers, no foreboding sick feeling, no allergies to blame. We were all fine. Then the 5yo got hit with the puke attack. He sleepwalked puked. THAT is a mess. His ENTIRE room fell victim. The next day he was fine, but I kept him home from school (Monday) just to be sure. Tuesday he puked in the last hour of school so I had to go get him. He has a fantastic puking ability. He can do so just by thinking about it. For the first few weeks of his little brother's life, just the sight of this drooly stinky blob that screamed would have him puking. So Wednesday I had to keep him home. Thursday (today), I decided I didn't want a repeat of Tuesday and kept him home and guess what, puke. Did I mention he feels fine?? He has no fever! Oh and while all this is going on 2yo was next in line, then came my turn, and finally daddy's turn. Daddy never gets sick. NEVER. So I was enjoying my guilty pleasure of watching him be sick and feel what we all go through for once. shhhh.

So today, after cleaning up 2yo's puke and putting him down for a (very unsuccessful) nap, 5yo wanted to do something. We brought out the canvas, painter's tape, acrylic paint, pencil, and glue pen and went to town. We literally just finished painting, so check back for photos once they're dry.

Run down of what we did....

Handmade Christmas gifts from the kiddos, 1 finished, 1 in process, several more to come...
I had 5yo set his hands on a canvas while I traced them with pencil, then I had him write his name and "2012" in the upper corners. Afterward I took the glue pen and traced over the pencil. It's drying now, we'll paint it this weekend.
Next up I took some painter's tape to another canvas and marked up a snowflake. I don't think it looks anything like a snowflake, but we'll see. He took some blue acrylic paint and went to town smothering the whole thing until it was covered. Once that dried, he was too bored to finish it so I took some glitter paint and put a coat over the blue. Tonight or tomorrow we'll remove the tape and hopefully be presented with a cute snowflake to give to one of the grandmas.

And now it's time to get 2yo out of his crib from quiet time and get dinner going.

No comments:

Post a Comment